PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USING THE ONLINE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THESE TERMS OR CONDITIONS, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Singapore
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of EduPivot. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by EduPivot to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of EduPivot, to perform services related to the Service or to assist EduPivot in analysing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to EduPivot, accessible from www.edupivot.sg
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or EduPivot, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, we may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read "Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?" available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit EduPivot, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide a more personalised experience and to have You avoid the hassle of having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
EduPivot may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- For the provision and maintenance of Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- For contacting You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, Whatsapp or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, the contents of contact will relate to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, promotions and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted out of receiving such information.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other analytical purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of Our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of EduPivot assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another third party.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the with other public users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose only if You consent to it.
Retention of Your Personal Data
EduPivot will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the EduPivot operating premise and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, EduPivot may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
EduPivot may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith when We believe that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of EduPivot
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the safety of Users of the Service or the general public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% safe and secure. While We strive to to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We do not control the workings of these third-party sites and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If You wish to make (a) a request for access to a copy of the personal data which We hold about You or information about the ways in which We use or disclose Your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of Your personal data which We hold about You, You may submit Your request in writing or via email to Our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, We will inform You of the fee before processing Your request.
We will respond to Your request as soon as possible. In general, Our response will be within 30 business days. Should We not be able to respond to Your request within 30 days after receiving Your request, We will inform You in writing within 30 days of the time by which We will be able to respond to Your request. If We are unable to provide You with any personal data or to make a correction requested by You, We shall generally inform You of the reasons why We are unable to do so (except where We are not required to do so under the PDPA).
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
This Notice applies in conjunction along with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that are applicable in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of Your personal data by Us.
We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of Our services constitutes Your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: +65 80283981
EduPivot may prevent your access to this website at any time without notice and without assigning any reason thereto.
The individual student and parent/ guardian shall defend and indemnify
EduPivot and its managers, owners and employees from and against all liability, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) imposed upon EduPivot in connection with any claim arising out of the individual student and parent/ guardian use of our Service (i.e EduPivot Website).